Systems Engineering for the Digital Age
Comprehensive resource presenting methods, processes, and tools relating to the digital and model-based transformation from both technical and management views
Systems Engineering for the Digital Age: Practitioner Perspectives covers methods and tools that are made possible by the latest developments in computational modeling, descriptive modeling languages, semantic web technologies, and describes how they can be integrated into existing systems engineering practice, how best to manage their use, and how to help train and educate systems engineers of today and the future. This book explains how digital models can be leveraged for enhancing engineering trades, systems risk and maturity, and the design of safe, secure, and resilient systems, providing an update on the methods, processes, and tools to synthesize, analyze, and make decisions in management, mission engineering, and system of systems.
Composed of nine chapters, the book covers digital and model-based methods, digital engineering, agile systems engineering, improving system risk, and more, representing the latest insights from research in topics related to systems engineering for complicated and complex systems and system-of-systems. Based on validated research conducted via the Systems Engineering Research Center (SERC), this book provides the reader a set of pragmatic concepts, methods, models, methodologies, and tools to aid the development of digital engineering capability within their organization.
Systems Engineering for the Digital Age: Practitioner Perspectives includes information on
- Fundamentals of digital engineering, graphical concept of operations, and mission and systems engineering methods
- Transforming systems engineering through integrating M&S and digital thread, and interactive model centric systems engineering
- The OODA loop of value creation, digital engineering measures, and model and data verification and validation
- Digital engineering testbed, transformation, and implications on decision making processes, and architecting tradespace analysis in a digital engineering environment
- Expedited systems engineering for rapid capability and learning, and agile systems engineering framework
Based on results and insights from a research center and providing highly comprehensive coverage of the subject, Systems Engineering for the Digital Age: Practitioner Perspectives is written specifically for practicing engineers, program managers, and enterprise leadership, along with graduate students in related programs of study.