Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification: A prep guide with multiple learning styles to help you gain Tableau Desktop Specialist certification
- Length: 276 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-01-31
- ISBN-10: 1801810133
- ISBN-13: 9781801810135
- Sales Rank: #230865 (See Top 100 Books)
Master Tableau fundamentals and get the one and only Tableau certification that never expires, while expediting your journey from zero to certification
- Learn how Tableau works inside and out for basic as well as intermediate uses of the application
- Gain knowledge from a Tableau visionary and ambassador who successfully passed the examination in 2021
- Understand what is needed to pass a knowledge-based examination without having to use Tableau in the process
The Tableau Desktop Specialist certification is fundamental for any data visualization professional who works in the field with Tableau.
This book gets you started by covering the exam format, Tableau basics, and best practices for preparing data for analysis and visualization. It also builds on your knowledge of advanced Tableau topics to get you up to speed with the essential domains and domain objectives. Although the guide provides an outline and starting point to key in on what needs to be understood before the examination, it also delivers in context to give you a strong understanding of each piece before taking the exam. Instructions on how to get hands on with examples, a common data source, and suggested elements are also included. Understanding the concepts will not only assist you in passing the examination, but will also help you work effectively with the tool in your workspace.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to efficiently prepare for the certification exam with the help of mock tests, detailed explanations, and expert advice from the author.
What you will learn
- Understand how to add data to the application
- Explore data for insights in Tableau
- Discover what charts to use when visualizing for audiences
- Understand functions, calculations and the basics of parameters
- Work with dimensions, measures and their variations
- Contextualize a visualization with marks
- Share insights and focus on editing a Tableau visualization
Who this book is for
If you’re a data analyst, data scientist, or if you just want to enhance your data visualization tool stack, this book is for you. It’s designed for those without prior and those with minimal exposure to Tableau, which also means it’s useful for anyone moving into their first role that relies on data visualization.