Taking Care of Yourself
- Length: 224 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
- Publication Date: 2020-12-08
- ISBN-10: 1633699781
- ISBN-13: 9781633699786
- Sales Rank: #1403387 (See Top 100 Books)
Have you taken time for yourself today?
Too many working parents focus solely on those around them—their families, their work, and a never-ending list of other commitments—only to lose sight of what they need themselves. But neglecting your own needs and wants can prevent you from being happy, healthy, and productive.
Taking Care of Yourself provides expert advice to help you identify what you value most at work and at home, make choices that align with those values, and be the best version of yourself for your job and for your family.
You’ll learn to:
- Prioritize the tasks that are most meaningful to you—and let go of the rest
- Deal with complex feelings, including parental guilt and perfectionism
- Carve out time for self-care, including friends, hobbies, exercise, and sleep
- Communicate your needs to your boss and your family
- Feel more present, both at work and at home
The HBR Working Parents Series with Daisy Dowling, Series Editor, supports readers as you anticipate challenges, learn how to advocate for yourself more effectively, juggle your impossible schedule, and find fulfillment at home and at work. Whether you’re up with a newborn or planning the future with your teen, you’ll find the practical tips, strategies, and research you need to make working parenthood work for you.