Terraform Cookbook: Provision, run, and scale cloud architecture with real-world examples using Terraform
Explore how to provision, manage, and scale your infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with Terraform
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Get up and running with the latest version of Terraform (v1+) CLI
- Discover how to deploy Kubernetes resources with Terraform
- Learn how to troubleshoot common Terraform issues
HashiCorp Configuration Language (HCL) has changed how we define and provision data center infrastructure with the launch of Terraform, a top-tier product for building Infrastructure as Code (IaC). Terraform Cookbook shows you how to leverage Terraform to manage complex infrastructure with ease.
This new edition has been updated to include real-world examples for provisioning Azure, AWS and GCP infrastructure with Terraform. You’ll delve into manual and automated testing with Terraform configurations, creating and managing a balanced, efficient, and reusable infrastructure with Terraform modules. You’ll learn how to automate the deployment of Terraform configuration with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
Besides that, several new chapters have been added that describe the use of Terraform for Docker and Kubernetes, examine advanced topics on GitOps practices, and explain how to test Terraform configurations using different tools to check code and security compliance. The final chapter covers troubleshooting common Terraform issues and provides solutions for frequently encountered errors.
By the end of this book, you’ll have developed the skills needed to get the most value out of Terraform and to effectively manage your infrastructure.
What you will learn
- Use Terraform to build and run cloud and Kubernetes infrastructure using IaC best practices
- Adapt the Terraform command line adapted to appropriate use cases
- Automate the deployment of Terraform confi guration with CI/CD
- Discover manipulation of the Terraform state by adding or removing resources
- Explore Terraform for Docker and Kubernetes deployment, advanced topics on GitOps practices, and Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
- Add and apply test code and compliance security in Terraform configuration
- Debug and troubleshoot common Terraform errors
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, operators, and DevOps engineers looking to improve their workflow and use Infrastructure as Code. Experience with Microsoft Azure, Jenkins, shell scripting, and DevOps practices is required to get the most out of this Terraform book.