A unique behind-the-scenes look at what makes an application succeed in the App Store
With this invaluable book, Tyson McCann offers a non-technical look at all aspects of the iPhone application development landscape and gets to the core of what makes a popular—and profitable—application. From knowing your customer to to launching a successful app, and everything in between, this must-have guide navigates such topics as developing a concept, analyzing the competition, considerations before the launch, marketing, building a community, and maintaining market share… to name a few.
• Setting Your Goals, Costs, and Expectations
• Researching the App Store Market
• Knowing Your Customer
• Plotting the Stages of Development
• Guidelines and Expectations for Developing Your App
• Creating Free and Freemium Apps
• Creating Paid and Premium Apps
• Adopting Apple’s Approach
• Riding the Social Networking Wave
• Feedback, Maintaining, and Scaling
Open the vault to App Store success with this indispensable guide!