The Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) Guide: Successfully practice Scrum in real-world projects and achieve PSM I certification with confidence
Implement modern and industry-proven Scrum techniques to achieve business agility and prove your credentials by passing the PSM I certification exam
- Use Scrum to manage complex projects and deliver real value to your customers
- Explore essential concepts and understand how the Scrum framework and Agile help maximize value and manage risks
- Discover expert tips and work with practice questions and real-world examples to pass the PSM certification exam
Agile methodologies allow companies to maximize value and deal effectively with risks, which is why most IT companies adopt Agile in their workflows. Scrum is an Agile framework used to manage and execute projects with small teams.
The Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) Guide will help you to explore the Scrum framework’s rules and theories for Agile project management and develop skills that will enable you to become an indispensable resource for any organization. You’ll learn essential techniques and practices such as estimation, planning, and forecasting that will help you to apply Scrum successfully and complete complex projects with ease. The book also demonstrates how to conduct Scrum events, create Scrum artifacts, and tackle issues faced during the Scrum life cycle, among other practices. Finally, you will focus on various aspects of the PSM I certification course and discover expert advice, tips, and quizzes to prepare yourself for the exam.
By the end of the book, you will have gained fundamental knowledge of the Scrum framework, covered a range of topics related to the PSM I exam, and learned best practices, tips, and techniques to pass the exam confidently.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with Agile development and Scrum
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within the Scrum team
- Discover how to conduct Scrum events and create Scrum artifacts
- Find out how to estimate tasks and track progress
- Discover techniques for planning and forecasting
- Find out how to deal with issues faced during the Scrum life cycle
Who this book is for
This book is for professionals who want to build a strong foundation in Scrum practices and development. Project managers, product owners, product managers across various industries, sectors, and departments, software architects, developers, coders, and testers looking to achieve PSM certification will also find this book helpful.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Scrum
- Scrum Theory and Principles
- The Scrum Team
- Scrum Events
- Scrum Artifacts
- Planning and Estimating with Scrum
- The Sprint Journey
- Facets of Scrum
- Preparing for the PSM I Assessment