Cut through the noise and get real results with a step-by-step approach to learning Python 3.X programming
- Experimental projects showcasing the implementation of high-performance deep learning models with Keras.
- Use-cases across reinforcement learning, natural language processing, GANs and computer vision.
- Build strong fundamentals of Keras in the area of deep learning and artificial intelligence
You already know you want to learn Python, and a smarter way to learn Python 3 is to learn by doing. The Python Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can work towards building up your machine learning skills as a data scientist, write scripts that help automate your life and save you time, or even create your own games and desktop applications. You’ll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The Python Workshop, you’ll take an engaging step-by-step approach to understanding Python. You won’t have to sit through any unnecessary theory. If you’re short on time you can jump into a single exercise each day or spend an entire weekend learning about Python scripting. It’s your choice. Learning on your terms, you’ll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical copy of The Python Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you’ll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track progress, and receive free content updates. You’ll even earn a secure credential that you can share and verify online upon completion. It’s a premium learning experience that’s included with your printed copy. To redeem, follow the instructions located at the start of your Python book.
Fast-paced and direct, The Python Workshop is the ideal companion for Python beginners. You’ll build and iterate on your code like a software developer, learning along the way. This process means that you’ll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.
What you will learn
- Learn how to write clean and concise code with Python 3
- Understand classes and object-oriented programming
- Tackle entry-level data science and create engaging visualizations
- Use Python to create responsive, modern web applications
- Automate essential day-to-day tasks with Python scripts
- Get started with predictive Python machine learning
Who this book is for
This book is designed for professionals, students, and hobbyists who want to learn Python and apply it to solve challenging real-world problems. Although this is a beginner’s book, it will help if you already know standard programming topics, such as variables, if-else statements, and functions. Experience with another object-oriented program is beneficial, but not mandatory.
Table of Contents
- Vital Python – Math, Strings, Conditionals, and Loops
- Python Structures
- Executing Python – Programs, Algorithms, and Functions
- Extending Python, Files, Errors, and Graphs
- Constructing Python – Classes and Methods
- The Standard Library
- Becoming Pythonic
- Software Development
- Practical Python – Advanced Topics
- Data Analytics with pandas and NumPy
- Machine Learning