The Soundtrack Composer’s Ultimate Guide to FL Studio: Learn to score films and games, compose orchestral music, and launch your music career
Create and compose production-quality music with the power of FL Studio 20 along with MuseScore and Wwise
- Develop widely applicable music composition techniques and create full orchestral scores
- Leverage the power of FL Studio to create your own production-level soundtracks
- Use cutting-edge tools to fuel your creative ideas and launch your composer career
FL Studio is a cutting-edge software music production environment and a powerful and easy-to-use tool for composing music. In this comprehensive guide, you’ll discover how to use FL Studio’s tools and techniques to design exciting soundtracks for your films, TV shows, video games, and much more.
You’ll start by understanding the business of composing, learning how to communicate, score, market your services, land gigs, and deliver music projects for clients like a professional. Next, you’ll set up your studio environment, navigate key tools, such as the channel rack, piano roll, playlist, mixer, and browser, and export songs. The book then advances to show you how to compose orchestral music using MIDI (musical instrument digital interface) programming, with a dedicated section to string instruments. You’ll create sheet music using MuseScore for live musicians to play your compositions. Later, you’ll learn about the art of Foley for recording realistic sound effects, create adaptive music that changes throughout video games, and design music to trigger specific emotions, for example, scary music to terrify your listener. Finally, you’ll work on a sample project that will help you prepare for your composing career.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to create professional soundtrack scores for your films and video games.
What you will learn
- Compose production-ready music for films and video games
- Plan and deliver a soundtrack music score for clients like a professional
- Apply practical music theory using themes, leitmotifs, scales, and modes
- Compose orchestral music with MIDI programming
- Design music for specific emotions
- Create sheet music with MuseScore, score music for films with Fruity Video Player, and make diegetic music
- Design interactive music by leveraging horizontal resequencing and vertical remixing
Who this book is for
This book is for musicians and programmers who want to take their music composing skills to a professional level. Film directors and game designers who want to get involved in scoring music for their own productions will also find this book useful. All you need is a computer and FL Studio to get started.