The TypeScript Workshop: A practical guide to confident, effective TypeScript programming
Broaden your skill set by learning TypeScript and applying your knowledge to build real-world applications
- Quickly get started writing TypeScript code with hands-on exercises and activities
- Develop new skills that can be applied at work or in your own side projects
- Build your understanding, boost your confidence, and advance your programming career
By learning TypeScript, you can start writing cleaner, more readable code that’s easier to understand and less likely to contain bugs. What’s not to like?
Unlike many theory-heavy books, The TypeScript Workshop balances clear explanations with opportunities for hands-on practice. You’ll quickly be up and running building functional websites, without having to wade through pages and pages of history and dull, dry fluff. Guided exercises clearly demonstrate how key concepts are used in the real world, and each chapter is rounded off with an activity that challenges you to apply your new knowledge in the context of a realistic scenario.
Whether you’re a hobbyist eager to get cracking on your next project, or a professional developer looking to unlock your next promotion, pick up a copy and make a start! Whatever your motivation, by the end of this book, you’ll have the confidence and understanding to make it happen with TypeScript.
What you will learn
- Configure a professional TypeScript development environment
- Explore how to use primitive and complex data types
- Incorporate types into popular npm (Node package manager) libraries
- Design systems that use asynchronous behavior
- Implement object-oriented programming to model real-world scenarios
- Get to grips with modern UI design by combining React with TypeScript
Who This Book Is For