The Ultimate Data and AI Guide: 150 FAQs About Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data
Everything you need to know about data and AI.
Are you lost in the buzzword jungle around artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data? This book is here to help.
The Ultimate Data and AI Guide provides you with a complete overview and solid understanding of the most important concepts around data, machine learning and AI. It is the result of our work as data practitioners implementing and consulting on 500+ data projects at 100+ companies. Everything you need to know simply explained and organized into 150 FAQs that allow you to navigate the buzzword jungle at ease.
- AI systems are created with machine learning methods
- Big data and AI are driving digital transformation
- Databases and data architectures, including data warehouses and data lakes, work
- Cloud computing has been a real game changer for data storage and processing
- Machine learning and data science projects are managed within companies to create data-driven products and services
- …and much more; expect to have no blind spot left in the field of data and AI after reading this book!
What you can expect from this book:
- A complete overview of the most important concepts in AI, data and ML
- Simple, hands-on explanations of complex topics, accompanied by 246 clarifying visualizations and tables
- Content organized into 150 FAQs that you can refer to individually or read as a whole
- 63 real-world-inspired case studies based on our experience of 500+ implemented data projects
- Information from practising experts for (aspiring) data practitioners or simply interested readers
Who this book is for:
- (Aspiring) data practitioners, who want to gain a complete overview of the buzzwords and concepts around data, machine learning and AI
- Interested readers who want to understand how AI, machine learning and data are increasingly shaping our economies and societies – no previous knowledge required
- Professionals who are looking for a reference book and who want to know how to leverage data and machine learning methods in their company
What others are saying:
“A unique book that is the go-to reference in the AI and data space. If you are in any way interested in the world of data and AI you owe it to yourself to read this book, there is something to learn for everyone.”
-Harvinder Atwal, Chief Data Officer at Moneysupermarket.com and Author of Practical DataOps
“Read this! If you are at A = ‘Slides and Stickynotes’ and want to go to B = ‘Real Data and Impact’, this can be your travel guide. If you are a practitioner already creating impact, read this to get structure and perspective into the flow of topics you are handling.”
-Marcel Kling, Senior Director Data Driven Customer Journey, Lufthansa Group
“Much like a puzzle, you have to fit a lot of pieces together to succeed with AI – But how could you even know what pieces you need? This volume provides the answers.”
-Thomas C. Redman, the Data Doc, HBR Blogger and Book Author
“This book is a veritable smorgasbord of insight into the world of data and analytics, singularly lucid and accessible. Recommended to anyone with an interest in the field.”
-Ryan den Rooijen, Group Head of Data & Analytics, Chalhoub Group
“If you found yourself asking ‘what is AI?’ or ‘what is data?’ then you’ll find the exact answer in this book, together with 150 FAQs and multiple case studies as a clarifying, coherent framework for your initiative.”
-Stijn Christiaens, Co-founder and CTO of Collibra
What are you waiting for?
Buy the book and start your journey through the exciting data and AI galaxy – this is the guide for your trip!