Trino: The Definitive Guide: SQL at Any Scale, on Any Storage, in Any Environment, 2nd Edition
- Length: 319 pages
- Edition: 2
- Language: English
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Publication Date: 2022-11-08
- ISBN-10: 109813723X
- ISBN-13: 9781098137236
- Sales Rank: #738759 (See Top 100 Books)
Perform fast interactive analytics against different data sources using the Trino high-performance distributed SQL query engine. In the second edition of this practical guide, you’ll learn how to conduct analytics on data where it lives, whether it’s a data lake using Hive, a modern lakehouse with Iceberg or Delta Lake, a different system like Cassandra, Kafka, or SingleStore, or a relational database like PostgreSQL or Oracle.
Analysts, software engineers, and production engineers learn how to manage, use, and even develop with Trino and make it a critical part of their data platform. Authors Matt Fuller, Manfred Moser, and Martin Traverso show you how a single Trino query can combine data from multiple sources to allow for analytics across your entire organization.
- Explore Trino’s use cases, and learn about tools that help you connect to Trino for querying and processing huge amounts of data
- Learn Trino’s internal workings, including how to connect to and query data sources with support for SQL statements, operators, functions, and more
- Deploy and secure Trino at scale, monitor workloads, tune queries, and connect more applications
- Learn how other organizations apply Trino successfully