Understanding Microsoft Teams Administration, 2nd Edition: Configure, Customize, and Manage the Teams Experience
This book provides solutions, best practices, tips, and workarounds to plan, design, customize, implement, and manage Microsoft Teams in any environment. This revised edition has been updated to reflect all the latest techniques and products, including migration from Skype for Business On-Prem to Microsoft Teams, along with Teams for Education, which includes a range of features and tools that enable teachers and students to collaborate, communicate, and learn in a virtual environment.
The book begins with an overview of Microsoft Teams, including its architecture, teams/channels, audio/video meetings, and the phone system. The authors then take you deeper into deployment and management of teams, clients, guests and external access, and live events, followed by a walk-through of network assessment and bandwidth planning for Teams. Here, you will learn about deployment of quality of service and how to configure your phone systems using direct routing and calling plans. Moving forward, you will learn Microsoft Teams administration and policy management along with the migration process of Skype from Business On-Prem to Microsoft Teams. To wrap things up, the authors demonstrate some troubleshooting techniques for call quality issues in Teams, and walk you through various features of Teams for Education and how to utilize them.
By the time you turn the last page of Understanding Microsoft Teams Administration, you’ll be fully equipped to configure, customize, and control Teams with confidence. Don’t just adapt to the future of collaboration―lead it.
What You Will Learn
- Kickstart your journey: Get acquainted with the Teams architecture, from teams and channels to audio/video conferencing and beyond
- Master the mechanics: Dive deep into deployment, including crucial aspects like guest access, such as events, and network assessment
- Elevate call quality: Learn the nuts and bolts of Quality of Service (QoS) and phone systems, including direct routing and calling plans
- Admin like a pro: Gain insights into robust policy management, and understand how to navigate the Teams admin portal with finesse
- Get a grip on network assessment and bandwidth planning tailored specifically for Teams
- Unlock secrets of quality of service, direct routing, and customized calling plans
- Migration simplified: Seamlessly shift from Skype for Business On-Prem to Teams without missing a beat
- Edu-tech unveiled: Explore Teams for Education and how its myriad features can enrich virtual learning experiences for teachers and students alike
- What’s new: A dedicated chapter exclusively covering Microsoft Teams for Education, focusing on empowering both educators and students
Who This Book Is For
Administrators and technical consultants focused on Microsoft Teams. This book serves as an invaluable resource for those looking to optimize team collaboration and communication within their organizations.