Unity 2022 Mobile Game Development: Build and publish engaging games for Android and iOS, 3rd Edition
Embark on a mobile game development adventure using Unity 2022 and C# to build cross-platform mobile games with augmented reality features
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Create, deploy, and monetize immersive mobile games on Android and iOS with Unity 2022
- Integrate augmented reality in your mobile projects to add real-world elements to your games
- Explore step-by-step instructions and a demo game project to kickstart your game development journey
Unity is a well-established player in the mobile game development sphere, and its new release, Unity 2022, is packed with new, exciting features. In Unity 2022 Mobile Game Development, the third edition in this popular series, you’ll get to grips with the Unity game engine by building a mobile game and publishing it on the most popular mobile app stores as well as exploring the all-new features.
This book provides a comprehensive and practical approach to mobile game development, helping you build an endless runner game. Starting with setting up a simple Unity project for mobile development, you’ll delve into various essential aspects needed to successfully create and publish your game. You’ll acquire a range of skills, such as incorporating touch gestures, monetizing your game with Unity Ads and in-app purchases, designing an intuitive UI, and seamlessly integrating social media functionalities. Additionally, you’ll gain valuable insights into player preferences and behavior using Unity’s analytics tools. You’ll also explore features of augmented reality in Unity 2022, enhancing your game’s appeal.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well-equipped to reap the power of Unity 2022 to build, optimize, and publish robust cross-platform mobile games with C#, as well as widening your skill set and enhancing your credentials as a game developer.
What you will learn
- Design responsive UIs for your mobile games
- Detect collisions, receive user input, and create player movements
- Create engaging gameplay elements using mobile device input
- Add custom icons and presentation options
- Keep players engaged by using Unity’s mobile notification package
- Integrate social media into your projects
- Incorporate augmented reality features in your game for real-world appeal
- Build exciting games with post-processing and particle effects
Who this book is for
If you are a game developer or mobile developer looking to learn Unity and employ it to build mobile games for iOS and Android, then this Unity book is for you. Prior knowledge of C# and Unity will be beneficial but isn’t mandatory.