Describing the use of displays in microcontroller based projects, the author makes extensive use of real-world, tested projects. The complete details of each project are given, including the full circuit diagram and source code. The author explains how to program microcontrollers (in C language) with LED, LCD and GLCD displays; and gives a brief theory about the operation, advantages and disadvantages of each type of display.
- Covers topics such as: displaying text on LCDs, scrolling text on LCDs, displaying graphics on GLCDs, simple GLCD based games, environmental monitoring using GLCDs (e.g. temperature displays)
- Uses C programming throughout the book – the basic principles of programming using C language and introductory information about PIC microcontroller architecture will also be provided
- Includes the highly popular PIC series of microcontrollers using the medium range PIC18 family of microcontrollers in the book.
- Provides a detailed explanation of Visual GLCD and Visual TFT with examples.
- Companion website hosting program listings and data sheets
- Contains the extensive use of visual aids for designing LED, LCD and GLCD displays to help readers to understand the details of programming the displays: screen-shots, tables, illustrations, and figures, as well as end of chapter exercises
Using LEDs, LCDS, and GLCDs in Microcontroller Projects is an application oriented book providing a number of design projects making it practical and accessible for electrical & electronic engineering and computer engineering senior undergraduates and postgraduates. Practising engineers designing microcontroller based devices with LED, LCD or GLCD displays will also find the book of great use.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Microcontrollers and Display Systems
Chapter 2 PIC18F Microcontrollers
Chapter 3 C Programming Language
Chapter 4 PIC Microcontroller Development Tools – Including Display Development Tools
Chapter 5 Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
Chapter 6 Liquid Crystal Displays (LCDs) and mikroC Pro for PIC LCD Functions
Chapter 7 Graphics LCD Displays (GLCD)
Chapter 8 Microcontroller Program Development
Chapter 9 LED Based Projects
Chapter 10 7-Segment LED Display Based Projects
Chapter 11 Text Based LCD Projects
Chapter 12 Graphics LCD Projects
Chapter 13 Touch Screen Graphics LCD Projects
Chapter 14 Using the Visual GLCD Software in GLCD Projects
Chapter 15 Using the Visual TFT Software in Graphics Projects