Many UX designers are surprised to learn that much of the job isn’t about drawing things. It’s about knowing what to draw and how to convince people to build it. Whether you’re a one-person design team making products from scratch or a C-level product leader managing many products and strategies, UX for Business is your missing guide to real-world business design.
You’ll not only learn how to think about design as a professional but also discover how design can move the needle for your entire company. Author Joel Marsh helps you understand stakeholders, business models, the process of designing valuable solutions, dangerous choices that can ruin a product, and how to gain the attention your work deserves. You’ll also explore the principles of designing common types of digital products and services, from portfolio sites to social networks to ecosystems.
With this book, you’ll learn:
- How to design the right things by understanding value, diagnostics, and probability
- How to conduct UX research and analysis without the luxury of time or money
- The most important aspects of common digital business models
- Methods for getting things done under less-than-ideal circumstances
- How to avoid common pitfalls caused by inexperience