Over 50 simple but incredibly effective recipes to get you up and running with the powerful features of Visual Studio 2013
- Provides you with coverage of all the new Visual Studio 2013 features regardless of your programming language preference
- Recipes describe how to apply Visual Studio to all areas of development: writing, debugging, and application lifecycle maintenance
- Straightforward examples of building apps for Windows 8.1
Visual Studio 2013 is the premier tool for developers targeting the Microsoft platform. Learning how to effectively use this technology can enhance your productivity while simplifying your most common tasks, allowing you more time to focus on your project.
Visual Studio 2013 Cookbook will introduce you to all the new areas of Visual Studio and how they can quickly be put to use to improve your everyday development tasks. With this book, you will learn not only what VS2013 offers, but what it takes to put it to work for your projects.
Updated and expanded for VS2013, this book begins by introducing you to the interface changes to Visual Studio and then moves on to demonstrate how VS2013 can be used for developing desktop, mobile, and web applications. This book provides a comprehensive overview of all areas of Visual Studio. This practical approach will benefit you greatly if you are a newcomer but also if you want a tour of what the latest edition of Visual Studio has to offer. The recipes in this book provide useful examples of VS2013 which can help you whether you are targeting the Web, mobile devices, or the traditional Windows desktop.
What you will learn from this book
- Customize the editor’s new abilities to fit your development style
- Create apps for Windows 8.1
- Use Visual Studio to debug parallel and concurrent programs
- Integrate .NET Framework 4.5.1 effectively
- Learn about both the Express and premium editions of Visual Studio
- Maximize Visual Studio’s C++ tools to make development easier
- Put TypeScript to work in your web applications
- Protect and manage your source code with Team Foundation Server
- Learn about Visual Studio Online
This book is a practical guide to using Visual Studio 2013 that will help you become familiar with the improvements made over previous versions. Each recipe provides a hands-on approach to the new features with step-by-step instructions on how to increase your productivity.
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer excited about the new features introduced in Visual Studio 2013, then no matter what your programming language of choice is, Visual Studio 2013 Cookbook is for you. You should have a good knowledge of working with previous versions of Visual Studio to enjoy the recipes in this book. This book provides practical examples to help you use Visual Studio 2013 more effectively.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Discovering Visual Studio 2013
Chapter 2 : Getting Started with Windows Store Applications
Chapter 4 : .NET Framework 4.5.1 Development
Chapter 5 : Debugging Your .NET Application
Chapter 6 : Asynchrony in .NET
Chapter 7 : Unwrapping C++ Development
Chapter 8 : Working with Team Foundation Server 2013
Chapter 9 : Languages
Appendix: Visual Studio Medley