Vue.js Quick Start Guide: Learn how to build amazing and complex reactive web applications easily using Vue.js
Learn and explore all important features of Vue.js through a number of simple examples.
- Uses latest features such as Vue-cli 3, Vuex, and Nuxt
- Practical examples to understand Vue 2 quickly
- Step-by-step approach to reinforce concepts covered
Vue.js is the latest trending frontend framework. Simplicity, reactivity, and ?exibility are some of the key benefits that Vue offers to developers. This book will help you learn everything you need to know to build stunning reactive web apps with Vue.js 2 quickly and easily.
This book will take you through the Vue 2 framework. You will start by learning the different Vue installation options: CDN, NPM, and Vue CLI. Then we will look at the core concepts of Vue: templates and components – ways to modularize Vue code. You will learn how to utilize directives, which are Vue-specific HTML attributes with additional features. Also, you will see how Vue uses a streamlined approach to development, with reusable methods, computed properties, and watchers, and how it controls state with the help of its data option.
You will learn about the concepts of reactive programming in Vue, and how to understand communication between parent and child components. We will take a look at props and slots, working with CSS, filters, and mixins. We will also look at ways to add transitions and animations to Vue apps. Then you will extend Vue by building custom directives and your own plugins.
Finally, you will learn about Vuex – a Vue plugin that allows us to centralize state, and also introduce Nuxt, which is a framework that builds on top of Vue and solves some issues of single-page applications. After learning about these components, you will be ready to build your own reactive web apps with Vue.js 2.
What you will learn
- Develop apps with Vue.js
- Reuse components using slots
- Use filters, mixins, and global mixins in Vue
- Build custom directives in Vue
- Work with CSS animations
- Work with templates, directives, methods, data, computed properties, and watchers
- Use Nuxt and Vue-Router
- Build and deploy an SSR Vue app
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Introducing Vue
- Basic Concepts of Vue 2
- Working with Vue-CLI, Components, Props, and Slots
- Filters and Mixins
- Making Your Own Directives and Plugins
- Transitions and Animations
- Using Vuex
- Using Nuxt.js and Vue-Router