Webflow by Example: Design, build, and publish modern websites without writing code
Build modern responsive websites without writing code by making the most of the power and flexibility of Webflow
- Get to grips with Webflow to build and launch responsive websites from scratch
- Learn how to put Webflow into practice and take advantage of its power and flexibility
- Build your own modern responsive websites from scratch and without any code
Webflow is a modern no-code website-builder that enables you to rapidly design and build production-scale responsive websites. Webflow by Example is a practical, project-based, and beginner-friendly guide to understanding and using Webflow to efficiently build and launch responsive websites from scratch.
Complete with hands-on tutorials, projects, and self-assessment questions, this easy-to-follow guide will take you through modern web development principles and help you to apply them efficiently using Webflow. You’ll also get to grips with modern responsive web development and understand how to take advantage of the power and flexibility of Webflow. The book will guide you through a real-life project where you will build a fully responsive and dynamic website from scratch. You will learn how to add animations and interactions, customize experiences for users, and more. Finally, the book covers important steps and best practices for making your website ready for production, including SEO optimization and how to publish and package the website.
By the end of this Webflow book, you will have gained the skills you need to build modern responsive websites from scratch without any code.
What you will learn
- Build and customize websites without any code
- Understand how to approach designing and developing for the modern web
- Become familiar with the main functionalities of Webflow
- Follow best practices for Webflow development while working on a practical project, from its design to launch
- Harness the power of the Webflow CMS to create dynamic content
- Add modern flourishes to a website using pre-defined and custom animations and interactions
Who this book is for
If you’re an entrepreneur, web designer, or anyone with little web development knowledge, this book will help you learn how to build fully responsive websites and web prototypes without writing a single line of code. If you’re a web designer, this book will make you a more informed web developer. If you’re already a developer, this book will help you become a better web designer.
Table of Contents
- Why Webflow?
- The Web in a Nutshell
- Setting Up Your First Project
- Building above the Fold
- Building the Rest of the Body
- Making It Responsive
- Introduction to Interactions and Animations
- Advanced Interactions
- Getting Started with Webflow CMS
- Creating Your First CMS Project
- Creating Collection Pages
- Managing CMS Projects
- Publishing Projects to the Web
- Using Webflow Editor to Update Websites