Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Cookbook
- Length: 304 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2013-01-11
- ISBN-10: 1849684421
- ISBN-13: 9781849684422
- Sales Rank: #1541644 (See Top 100 Books)
Over 50 simple but incredibly effective recipes for mastering the administration of Windows Server Hyper-V
- Take advantage of numerous Hyper-V best practices for administrators
- Get to grips with migrating virtual machines between servers and old Hyper-V versions, automating tasks with PowerShell, providing a High Availability and Disaster Recovery environment, and much more
- A practical Cookbook bursting with essential recipes
Virtualization has proved that it can help organizations to reduce costs, and the Private Cloud has created a revolution in the way we manage and control our servers with centralization and elasticity. The new Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V release from Microsoft comes with a myriad of improvements in areas such as mobility, high availability and elasticity, bringing everything you need to create, manage and build the core components of a Microsoft Private Cloud for virtualized workloads.
“Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Cookbook” is the perfect accompaniment for Hyper-V administrators looking to take advantage of all the exciting new features the release has to offer. Through practical recipes, you’ll master Hyper-V deployment, migration and management.
“Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Cookbook” is an essential resource for any Hyper-V administrator looking to migrate, install and manage their virtual machine efficiently.
With all the features of Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V covered, you will learn everything from installation to disaster recovery, security, high availability, configuration, automation, architecture and monitoring, all in a practical recipe format. The book also includes new features such as Storage and Shared Nothing Live Migration, Hyper-V Replica and Network Virtualization and much more.
With “Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Cookbook” in hand, you’ll be equipped to manage your Private Cloud with ease.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to deploy, migrate and upgrade Hyper-V and virtual machines
- Configure disks, network, memory, security and auditing settings for virtual machines
- Take a deep dive into high availability and disaster recovery
- Save time and money by getting to grips with PowerShell automation
- Understand the new features around network virtualization, Shared Nothing Live Migration, Hyper-V Replica and much more
- Gain a full view of your virtual machines and host servers with monitoring, reporting and troubleshooting tips
- Take advantage of bonus appendice explaining Hyper-V architecture and the difference between versions
“Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Cookbook” is a practical cookbook packed with recipes showing and explaining all the features and components of Hyper-V. You’ll learn from best practices, tips and tricks and examples of how to automate daily and common tasks.
Who this book is written for
If you are an administrator who wants to master Microsoft Server Virtualization with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, then this book is for you.
You should be comfortable with virtualization concepts and practices, and knowledge of previous versions of Windows Server would be an advantage.