Windows Server Automation with PowerShell Cookbook: Powerful ways to automate, manage and administrate Windows Server 2022 using PowerShell 7, 5th Edition
- Length: 568 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-02-09
- ISBN-10: 1804614238
- ISBN-13: 9781804614235
Use over 100 PowerShell 7.2 recipes to deepen your understanding of Windows Server 2022 and help you learn how to automate common administrative tasks with ease.
- New edition updated to the latest version of PowerShell 7.2 and Windows Server 2022
- Discover new ways to optimize your PowerShell code by working through easy-to-follow recipes
- Learn PowerShell best practices to automate, manage and administrate Windows Server 2022
Windows Server Automation with PowerShell Cookbook is back with a new edition, featuring over 100 PowerShell recipes that will make your day-to-day work easier. This book is designed to help you learn how to install, configure, and use PowerShell 7.2 effectively.
To start with, we’ll look at how to install and configure PowerShell 7.2, along with useful new features and optimizations, and show you how the PowerShell compatibility solution bridges the gap to older versions of PowerShell. We’ll also be covering a wide range of fundamental and more advanced use cases, including how to create a VM and setup an Azure VPN as well as looking at how to backup to Azure. As you progress, you’ll explore topics like using PowerShell to manage networking and DHCP in Windows Server, objects in Active Directory, Hyper-V, and Azure. We’ll also take a closer look at WSUS, containers and see how to handle modules that are not directly compatible with PowerShell 7. Finally, you’ll also learn how to use some powerful tools to diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Server.
By the end of this PowerShell book, you’ll know how to use the PowerShell 7.2 to automate tasks on Windows Server 2022 with ease, helping your windows environment to run faster and smoother.
What you will learn
- Perform key admin tasks on Windows Server
- Keep your organization secure with JEA, group policies, logs, and Windows Defender
- Use the .NET Framework for administrative scripting
- Manage data and storage on Windows, including disks, volumes, and filesystems
- Report system performance using built-in cmdlets and WMI to obtain single measurements
- Apply the right tools and modules to troubleshoot and debug Windows Server
- Create, manage, and backup a 2nd VM using the subnetwork in Azure
- Learn how to set up a VPN in Azure with PowerShell
Who This Book Is For
This book is for systems administrators, software architects, developers, consultants, and engineers working with Windows Server 2022 who want to automate tasks more effectively with PowerShell 7.2. You’ll need have conquered the basics of PowerShell before you can get started with this book.