WordPress Mobile Applications with PhoneGap
- Length: 96 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2012-12-21
- ISBN-10: 1849519862
- ISBN-13: 9781849519861
- Sales Rank: #10853742 (See Top 100 Books)
A straightforward, example-based guide to leveraging your web development skills to build mobile applications using WordPress, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, and PhoneGap
- Discover how we can leverage on WordPress as a content management system and serve content to mobile apps by exposing its API
- Learn how to build geolocation mobile applications using WordPress and PhoneGap
- Step-by-step instructions on how you can make use of jQuery and jQuery mobile to provide an interface between WordPress and your PhoneGap app
With the explosive popularity of mobile apps and its much anticipated continued growth for the foreseeable future, developers will want to get their hands dirty and build some cool mobile apps. But we know that building mobile apps is not easy: we need to handle cross-platform issues, mobile devices of different screen sizes, not to mention traditional issues such as providing a content management system of the content served in the application.
Enter “WordPress Mobile Applications with PhoneGap”. We leverage on some of the most popular open source projects: WordPress, jQuery, jQuery Mobile and PhoneGap and discover how they can be pieced together to build a fully functional cross platform mobile application.
“WordPress Mobile Applications with PhoneGap” teaches you how to build mobile application with minimal effort and coding by leveraging on some of the most popular open source projects such as WordPress, jQuery, jQuery Mobile and PhoneGap.
This book looks at some of the most popular open source projects: WordPress, jQuery, jQuery Mobile and PhoneGap and breaks down the nitty gritty details on how to leverage on these projects to build a fully functional cross-platform mobile application with minimal coding and effort.
By the end of “WordPress Mobile Applications with PhoneGap” you will learn how to piece WordPress, jQuery, jQuery Mobile and PhoneGap together into a fully functional mobile app.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn about the capabilities of WordPress
- Take advantage of geographic capabilities of WordPress via the GeoPlaces Theme
- Expose an API from WordPress
- Code for a PhoneGap app interfacing with a WordPress blog
- Learn tips and tricks on how to test your mobile app on a browser before testing it on your emulator
This is a practical step-by-step tutorial.
Who this book is written for