Zabbix 6 IT Infrastructure Monitoring Cookbook: Explore the new features of Zabbix 6 for designing, building, and maintaining your Zabbix setup, 2nd Edition
Discover practical recipes to help you efficiently monitor enterprise IT infrastructure for Microsoft Windows, Linux, networking, and more
- Find out how you can leverage some of the most exciting features of Zabbix 6
- Perform professional IT infrastructure and application monitoring on multiple platforms
- Discover easy-to-follow, practical solutions to problems in network monitoring with Zabbix
This updated second edition of the Zabbix 6 IT Infrastructure Monitoring Cookbook brings you new recipes, updated with Zabbix 6 functionality. You’ll learn how to set up Zabbix with built-in high availability, use the improved Business Service Monitoring, set up automatic reporting, and create advanced triggers. Zabbix offers useful insights into your infrastructure performance and issues and enables you to enhance your monitoring setup with its powerful features. This book covers hands-on, easy-to-follow recipes for using Zabbix 6 for effectively monitoring the performance of devices and applications over the network.
You’ll start by working your way through the installation and most prominent features of Zabbix and make the right design choices for building a scalable and easily manageable environment. This Zabbix book contains recipes for building items and triggers for different types of monitoring, building templates, and using Zabbix proxies. Next, you’ll use the Zabbix API for customization and manage your Zabbix server and database efficiently. Finally, you’ll find quick solutions to the common and not-so-common problems that you may encounter in your Zabbix monitoring work.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to use Zabbix for all your monitoring needs and build a solid Zabbix setup by leveraging its key functionalities.
What you will learn
- Implement your high availability Zabbix setup
- Build templates and explore the different types of monitoring available in Zabbix 6
- Use Zabbix proxies for scaling your environment effectively
- Work with custom integrations and the Zabbix API
- Set up advanced triggers and effective alerting
- Maintain your Zabbix setup for scaling, backups, and upgrades
- Discover how to perform advanced Zabbix database management
- Monitor cloud-based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Docker
Who This Book Is For
This book is for IT engineers who want to get started with Zabbix and anyone with an intermediate-level understanding of Zabbix looking to extend their knowledge. Although not necessary, prior experience with Zabbix will help you to make the most of this book.