Zero To Production In Rust: An introduction to backend development
Zero To Production is the ideal starting point for your journey as a Rust backend developer.
You will learn by doing: you will build a fully functional email newsletter API, starting from scratch.
You’ll learn how to:
- Navigate and leverage Rust’s crates ecosystem
- Structure your application to make it modular and extensible
- Write tests, from single units to full-blown integration tests
- Enforce your domain invariants using Rust’s type system
- Authenticate and authorize users of your API
- Implement a robust error handling strategy
- Observe the state of your application using structured logs
- Set up an extensive continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline for your Rust projects
The book is composed of 11 chapters, for a grand total of 500 pages. All supporting code (including tests!) is available on GitHub.