Healthy Employees, Healthy Business
- Length: 350 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Nolo
- Publication Date: 2009-10-12
- ISBN-10: 1413310745
- ISBN-13: 9781413310740
- Sales Rank: #3062409 (See Top 100 Books)
Money-saving steps to improve employee health and productivity — and your bottom line
As health care costs skyrocket, small business owners are increasingly concerned about the impact they’re likely to have on company profits. Employee illness, chronic poor health, low job satisfaction, and high turnover lead to lower productivity and contribute heavily to lost company earnings.
Healthy Employees, Healthy Business draws on the expertise of an advisory board of doctors, lawyers, benefits specialists, workplace wellness planners and other experts to offer struggling small business owners and managers like you the essential advice you need to implement a low-cost or even free wellness program for your employees.
Clear, concise and filled with success stories from other workplaces, you’ll get the tools you need to start your wellness program immediately, resulting in increased productivity and potentially lower health insurance costs. Find out how to:
- evaluate and target your workplace’s main health concerns
- develop fun, effective activities to improve employee health
- boost morale through mutual support and competition
- lower workplace stress
- leverage community resources for minimal financial investmentFrom simply changing the snacks in the vending machines to ensuring that ill employees have access to treatment, you’ll get practical advice in Healthy Employees, Healthy Business that will help even the smallest business save money and enjoy a dynamic, energized and productive workforce. Plus, you’ll get helpful forms and interviews with expert advisers on CD.